We are absolutely thrilled to introduce you to our new Brand Specialist, Greg Sherman. Greg will focus on sales and building meaningful customer relationships. Greg has been in the Food Service industry for around 42 years. Greg started his journey by washing dishes in a restaurant, then moving on to cook and eventually, manager. Next he worked for produce companies in sales for 18 years, then another 18 years in sales and District Sales Manager roles for URM, and a couple years with Sysco. Greg’s philosophy is to “Work hard, work smart, and have fun!” We are so lucky to have him!
In his free time, Greg loves to fish, hunt, and garden. He has also been coaching youth hockey for the last 28 years, and still does to this day.
A first-of-its-kind research study looked at how consumers buy and consume ground beef. Review the findings below to understand the factors that go into consumers’ purchase decisions.
What factors impact consumer selection of ground beef?
- When shoppers look to purchase ground beef for hamburgers or other ground beef meals such as tacos, spaghetti, or casseroles, freshness is the key factor that influences their purchase. They’re looking particularly at the color of the meat and the date code on the package.
- Right behind freshness, price per pound and leanness are the next two factors that most influence purchase decisions. With a year-round low average price, cost-conscious shoppers are often drawn to ground beef over other options in the meat case.
- After freshness and price, the third most influential factor is leanness. Be sure to stock a variety of types, from 70% to 94% lean.
How are shoppers influenced by the ground beef eating experience?
Wide appeal is an important factor in shoppers’ purchase decision hamburgers and ground beef meals. Here’s how shoppers associate ground beef with an overall positive eating experience:
- It’s prepared the way you want it
- It has great taste
- It’s provides a juicy, pleasurable eating experience
- It appeals to the whole family
- It’s (burgers) a great choice when getting together with family or friends
- It’s a starting point for a lot of great meals (for ground beef meals)
Amp up your customers’ parties with some delicious snacks for March Madness fun.
Jerk Chicken Wing with Glazing Sauce
Comes as 4/5# competitively priced bags
Pre-seasoned and comes with Caribbean Jerk Glaze
Ground Chuck Sliders
Pre-formed 2oz patties
Just add cheese and a bun to get the party started
San Antonio Taco Meat
Pre-seasoned ground beef ready to cook
Top your nachos or fill your tacos, Ole!
To order, contact Angus Brands at 509-482-7033
Doesn’t it feel great when you bring a mouthwatering entrée to a holiday party or serve it at your own house and your friends keep asking for the recipe?
Look no further than our delicious line-up of Bold Burgers (Bold and Blue, Buckaroo, Hickory Smokehouse) to create delicious and unique entrees and appetizers that will make your customer’s dish the envy of the party:
Mini meatballs: Cut each Bold Burger tube in half and then cut each half in half. Roll each piece into a ball. Place meatballs in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25 min. Coat cooked meatballs with your favorite sauce or glaze or insert skewer or wooden picks in mini meatballs and serve with your favorite dip.
Gourmet flavored meatloaf: Smash three Bold Burger tubes together, form into a loaf, bake in 350 degree oven for 45 min. Brush top with your favorite glaze.
Flavored sliders: Slice Bold Burger tube into thirds. Smash each portion into a thin patty and cook. Place each slider on a mini bun and top with all the fixins. Serve on your favorite holiday platter.
Gourmet lasagna or your favorite casserole: Spice up any lasagna or casserole by crumbling and cooking Bold Burgers in place of ground beef. You are only limited by your culinary creativity (no pressure).
“Hey, what are these ‘tubes’ you’re referring to?” It’s our individually fresh-sealed sections of Bold Burger. Bold Burger is always fresh and never pre-formed!
Want more out of your beef dishes? Experiment with flavorful rubs and marinades to boost your customer’s experience.
Makes 2 ½ cups
2 cups Creole mustard
1 cup minced onion
¼ cup minced garlic
3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
½ cup dry Cajun seasoning blend
Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix until well blended. Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to use. Spread on beef just before cooking or up to 5 hours in advance.
For more recipes like these, visit Beef Checkoff
Total Recipe Time: 2-3/4 to 3-1/2 hours. Serves 8-10.
1 beef Rib Roast Bone-In (2 to 4 ribs), small end, chine (back) bone removed (6 to 8 pounds)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
8 small red-skinned potatoes, cooked
8 boiling onions, cooked
8 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces, cooked
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine garlic and lemon pepper; press onto beef Roast. Place Roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare; 2-1/2 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
2. Remove Roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Transfer to board; tent with foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°-15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
3. Remove all but 2 tablespoons drippings from pan. Add vegetables; cook over medium-high heat five minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Carve roast. Serve with vegetables. Rub your tummy and smile.
Nutrition information per serving: 470 calories; 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 139 mg cholesterol; 218 mg sodium; 36 g carbohydrate; 5.0 g fiber; 51 g protein; 22.1 mg niacin; 1.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.7 mcg vitamin B12; 4.2 mg iron; 55.1 mcg selenium; 9.5 mg zinc; 211.4 mg choline.
Image and recipe source: Beef Checkoff
Looking for finger-licking holiday appetizers that are quick and easy to prepare?
Our locally made skewers are big in flavor with the highest quality ingredients and superb value. And since Angus Brands is near you – count on us for fast delivery and the freshest products (100% chicken breast, of course).
- Coconut Chicken: Coated with real Hawaiian Island coconut & crisp crumbled breading.
- Teriyaki Chicken: Marinated with light and dark soy sauces, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, a touch of sesame, and Pacific Rim spices.
- Thai Peanut Chicken: Marinated with a blend of peanut, curry, light soy sauce cilantro, a touch of ginger, and toasted spices.
- Plain Chicken Satay: Add your own creative touch.
- Plain Beef Skewers: Endless possibilities for your culinary imagination.
It’s only October, but holiday cooking is fast approaching and our easy-to-prepare Turducken should be on the top of your list.
Our semi-boned turkey is stuffed with a de-boned duck, and the duck is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken. The cavity of the chicken, duck, and turkey are stuffed with a special filling of seasoned Apple Wood Smoked Bacon, Angus Meat’s Special Blend Sausage, and mouthwatering Cornbread Mixture. Serves 25 people!
Handcrafted in our Angus Kitchens which means the freshest ingredients, maximum quality, and prompt delivery. Contact us for more information on how you can switch up your holiday meal!
Are your customers feeling the back-to-school busy blues? (yes, that is a thing). From evening soccer practices to helping with homework – it can be a hassle to prepare a healthy meal for many families.
That’s where restaurant-quality Savory Choices handcrafted meals come in. Locally made with fresh ingredients, Savory Choices provides your customers a fine dining experience in the comfort of their own kitchen. Pre-seasoned with mouthwatering flavors, marinated and ready-to-go, it doesn’t get much easier.
Try all of our timeless flavors:
- Caribbean-style Short Ribs
- Lemon Roma Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Kalbi Teriyaki Beef Steaks
- Garlic Pepper Beef Strips
- Green Chili Boneless Pork
To learn more about adding restaurant quality Savory Choices products to your store, contact us at 509-482-7033.